Herb Crusted Salmon
Looking for a quick easy weekday meal? Check out Mrs HaloodieFoodie's Herb Crusted Salmon recipe.
- 4 salmon fillet (approx 160g each)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- chilli flakes, to taste
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 slices wholemeal or white bread
- 1 cup parsley, washed and dried
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Marinate salmon for a few hours in lemon juice, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 8 (230°C)
- Blitz the bread, parsley, pepper and a small amount of salt in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.
- Place salmon skin side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil. Sprinkle crumb mixture on top, making sure all the salmon is covered.
- Roast in the oven (Gas mark 8) until salmon is opaque throughout, around 15 minutes,(upto 20min depending on thickness of fillets).
- The herb crust should be crispy.
- Serve with pan fried veg, potatoes and/or rice