How to clean used oil
Dirty oil reduces the quality of the food you produce, furthermore with oil prices constantly rising this technique can save you money together with contributing towards being environmental friendly.
- Check out this easy way of cleaning old fry oil
- For a litre of oil, dissolve 1 tsp of gelatine into ½ cup of water.
- Heat up the gelatine solution until it starts to boil.
- Mix to ensure all the gelatine has dissolved. Once the gelatine solution comes to a boil, turn off the heat.
- Add the gelatine solution to room temperature oil.Please ensure the oil is cool, otherwise it may be a health hazard.
- Mix the gelative solution into the oil.
- The science behind the method.
- Put into the fridge overnight.
- Decant out the oil into a clean vessel.
- Here are the results.
- A deeper look.
- You will need to heat up the oil before you use it again.
- You will see a little bubbling, this is excess water.
- Once the bubbling subsides; the oil is ready to use.
- This technique will help clean your dirty oil, however if the oil is very old, nothing will save it!
- Other factors which affect the lifespam of your oil.
- Other factors which affect the lifespan of your oil (continued).