Looking for a scrumptious savoury treat? Look no further, you are in the right place! Why not try these Chicken Pakoras which are perfect to grace any Ramadhaan platter.
- 1 Deep Fryer/Karai
- 0.5 kg chicken thighs, cubed to bitesize
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1.5 tsp kashmiri chilli paste
- 1 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely crushed
- 0.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 egg; whisk and add half (1 egg per 1kg meat)
- 1 tbsp curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour or strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 3/4 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Marinate chicken thighs with;garlic, ginger and kashmiri chilli pastes, lemon juice and salt. Marinate in fridge for at least an hour
- After an hour of marination, add the following spices:red chilli powder, coriander powder, green chillies, cumin powder, curry leaves, and coriander leaves
- Coating;Add gram flour, corn flour and rice flour OR strong bread flour.
- Bind everything together with the egg.
- Deep fry at 180c (medium/high) in small batches around 4 – 5 minutes.
- Finish with a spice rub Chaat masala, caster sugar, and salt