Beat Subway with this quick and easy Meatball Marinara recipe, perfect for busy parents. Your kids will love this recipe!
- 1 kg Gourmet Halal Kitchen beef and onion sausage meat; alternatively make your own
- 1 kg beef mince, ratio 80:20 blend, meat to fat
- 15 g salt
- 75 g breadcrumbs; or make own with couple of slices of bread left out overnight to dry, then blitz in the food processor
- 1 medium onion; finely diced and excess liquid removed with a muslin cloth
- ½ cup parlsey leaves; finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic; made into a paste or 1tsp garlic paste
- plain flour for dusting
- 500 g Dolmio sauce or any store bought marinara sauce
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Bread and Salad
- 5 mini baguettes or any other bread rolls
- cheese slices
- salad leaves
- If you are making your own meatballs mix to combine all the ingredients except the flour.
- Roll the meat mixture into ping-pong size meatballs. Lightly dust with flour.
- Fry the dusted meatballs in a little oil.
- You want to get browning on all sides don't worry about cooking the meatballs as these will cook further in the marinara sauce.
- Take out the meatballs after they have browned. In the same pan add Dolmio (marinara sauce), garlic, mixed herbs and salt & pepper. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the browned meatballs back into the pan with the marinara sauce.
- Simmer slowly until the meatballs have cooked through.
- Slice the baguette in half. Layer marinara sauce on the bottom layer. Followed by the meatballs.
- Folowed by the cheese.
- Melt the cheese under the grill. Add salad and other condiments.
- Chalo Kawa