Puri (By Momma HF)
Puris are fried Indian flatbreads served with main dishes such as FoodieChief's Chana Masala or why not try as a snack served with Karak Chai. These Puris are traditionally eaten with Mango Ras/Pulp (Pureed). IYKYK
- 1 litre oil for frying
- 2 cups chapatti flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup warm full fat milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Mix all dry ingredients together and add oil.
- Add enough warmed milk, until a dough is formed.
- Pre heat oil on high heat until the oil reaches 200°C
- Make into 2cm dough balls.
- Roll into 100mm diameter circles with a 2.5mm thickness.
Frying instructions: See the Chana Masala LIVE video (From 17mins onwards)
- Gently and carefully drop the rolled Puris one at a time flat into the oil. The Puris will float, keep them submerged in hot oil, best aided with a “stainless steel deep frying spider” until the Puris puff.
- Flip over to fry until golden opposite side.
- Cook until crisp golden on both sides.
- Remove to a colander.
- Best enjoyed warm with Chana Masala or Mango Ras/Pulp.